Today on Breakfast we tried out some really cool gadgets for parents of young children. Featuring in the show were the 4Moms Origami Stroller ($1999), the 4Moms MamaRoo rocker ($599) and the BabyPing secure wifi baby monitor ($249). Feel free to view the segment on TVNZ by clicking the image below. More information can be found further down the page.
Website for more information: http://www.babyonthemove.co.nz/on-the-move/single-buggy/4Moms-Origami-Stroller
The origami is the world’s first power-folding stroller: at the touch of a button, it folds itself. It’s also the world’s first cell phone-charging, mileage-counting, LCD-sporting stroller, with generators in the rear wheels that charge the stroller as you walk. Plus, the origami has daytime running lights, pathway lights for low-light conditions, and sensors that detect when a child’s in the seat (so it’ll never fold by accident). From power folding to cell phone charging, it’s everything a stroller should be.
• Push Button Fold – Opens and closes at the touch of a button
• Self Charging – Generators in its rear wheels charge the Origami while you walk
• LCD Dashboard- Built-in thermometer, trip, and lifetime odometers
• Bright Ideas – Daytime running lights make you and your baby more visible all the time; Pathway Lights turn on automatically in low-light conditions
• Lots of Storage – Strollers need to work in the real world, not just in the store. That means cup holders, storage pockets and a big removable storage bag
• Customisable – Suit your style with Origami Accessories: colour kits in 5 different colours, Origami Phone Kit, Bassinet and Car Seat Adaptor (all sold separately)
• 5 point safety harness
Babyonthemove.co.nz 4Moms MamaRoo Classic Infant Seat Swing
MamaRoo It moves like you do:
Parents don’t vibrate like bouncy seats or swing like swings. They bounce and sway, and that’s what the mamaRoo does: it moves like you do. The 4Moms team used motion sensors to measure the movements of reals moms and dads as they soothed their babies, and replicated those motions in the mamaRoo. It’s the only infant seat with five different motions, all modeled after the natural movements parents make to comfort their babies.
• 5 unique motions; car ride, kanga-roo, tree swing, rock-a-bye and ocean with 5 selectable speeds
• 3 reversible toys
• Blue backlit LCD display
• MP3 player adaptable
• 5 built in nature sounds
• Reclining seat adjustable to any position
• Removable and washable covers
• AC/DC power adapter supplied
• Rotary volume control
• Stylish aluminium frame
• 3 point waist & crotch harness
Available exclusively in New Zealand from Baby Must Have at: http://www.babymusthave.co.nz/babyping-wifi-baby-monitor/
Monitor your baby on your iPhone and iPad. Whether home or away BabyPing keeps you connected to your baby.
BabyPing is a secure wifi enabled camera and monitor that connects to your wireless home network, allowing you to hear every gurgle your baby makes. You can also switch on the daytime or night vision camera and stream video live from baby’s room directly to your i-device.
The set up process is so easy, you don’t even need to use a computer to do it. Simply plug your BabyPing into the power, then into your wifi router. Then once you’ve downloaded the viewer app from the app store you can locate your camera and start streaming sound and vision after a few simple set up steps.
The BabyPing comes with plenty of accessories to help you mount the camera securely in your baby’s room.
Using another free app from the Apple app store, you can also remotely view the camera while travelling or set up secure access for grandparents to see what’s happening with bubba.
Story by John Buckley