A new, premium smartphone is a joy to behold – until the day you drop it and smash the screen that is.
To help avoid that disappointment, the new Huawei P8 comes with 12 months free screen repair due to accidental breakage.
Hopefully you won’t need it but if you do it’s great to have the peace of mind.
The P8 brings with it much more than a broken screen-free guarantee, this is perhaps the best phone that Huawei have yet produced and the price, just $799, is incredible value for money.
The Huawei P8 is crafted from a single block of aluminium in a process that takes 810 minutes for each unit and includes diamond shape blasting which creates a finely textured surface.
The 5.2” FHD display is covered with Gorilla Glass while the phone itself is incredibly thin at just 6.4mm with a camera which sits perfectly flush.
As you can see from the photos, the P8 and it’s sister device the P8 Lite are stylish devices that wouldn’t look out of place at the club or in the boardroom.
The Huawei P8 introduces “Rich Touch” allowing the display to differentiate between parts of the hand. Double-tapping a knuckle captures a full-length screen shot, while using your knuckle to draw a circle on the screen quickly selects and captures content.
A new “Find my phone by Voice” function allows users to give their smartphone its own name and then call out to it when misplaced. The P8 will respond through its speaker to tell you where it’s hiding.
For photography fans, the P8 leverages a combination of hardware and software to help users capture beautiful images, even in the worst lighting conditions.
- The Optical Image Stabilizer technology, enabling high-quality photos and videos, and managing camera shake so images are consistently sharp.
- The world’s first four-colour RGBW 13MP sensor and DSLR-level independent image processor enabling noise reduction when shooting and intelligent detection of a high-contrast lighting environment.
- Four professional quality low-light shooting modes giving users access to a virtual photo and video studio to capture artistic inspirations.
- For example, the Light Painting mode utilizes a manual camera shutter to capture broad swaths of light. It can capture a stream of light from a ferris wheel, or allow users to “light paint” their own freehand images using a torch in the dark.
- The Huawei P8’s Director mode allows users to direct and control up to three other Android phones when shooting a video scene from four angles simultaneously and to synchronize video clip editing.
The Huawei P8 is available in two attractive colours: Titanium Grey and Mystic Champagne. Both models are available Spark, 2degrees, and other major retailers with an RRP of only NZ$799.